Your Relationship Investment
Invest in yourself, your relationship, and your future.
The Two of You are Worth It
You Have Options
Option 1: Not ready for therapy?
Read my complimentary e-book about some of the foundational principles behind my approach, which may help a bit.
Option 2: Prefer a DIY approach (at least initially)?
DIY access to the same comprehensive online clinical assessment (+ personal report) and relationship builder modules I use to support my clients’ work together. $297 for the substantive clinical version I use, or you can purchase the limited, non-clinical version here.
Optional Add-on: Add one feedback and planning 80-minute consultation with me (virtual or in-person) for my typical fee ($195/80-minute session) if you want some initial guidance on what to do with the information. NOTE: If you end up choosing ongoing work with me, a clinical assessment (see below) will still be required. Access to the modules remains either way.
Option 3: Ongoing work together.
See below for more information.
Premarital Counseling includes the Online SYMBIS Assessment, access to the complete Gottman Relationship Builder Modules (see ‘Inclusive Services’ below), and five combined 80-minute sessions ($195/session) to complete the curriculum I use to guide committed couples preparing for marriage.
The SYMBIS (Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts) Assessment is a tailored tool for soon-to-be-married couples. It delves into key areas like communication, finances, and intimacy, highlighting relationship strengths and growth opportunities. Through research-backed questions, it provides couples and counselors with actionable insights, setting the stage for a strong marital foundation and meaningful premarital counseling sessions.
Here's how we'll forge the path together:
Investment in Your Relationship
Therapy is a commitment of time, energy, and resources. My fee is currently $195 for an 80-minute couples session. Initially, maintaining momentum is key—daily to bi-weekly sessions are ideal. Monthly sessions become relevant only when they fit your progress. Remember, our aim is to ensure you need me less and less as you grow together. Your engagement with the included modules described below in between our sessions, while not required, will certainly help to get rid of me quicker!
Initial Commitment: Clinical Assessment
Before you agree to dive into regular sessions, an essential clinical assessment is required that comprises a combined session, individual sessions for each partner, and a wrap-up session for feedback and planning. This allows for the Discernment Phase described below, as well. In other words, expect the Clinical Assessment to be four sessions. At this point, you should have the information you need to decide to move forward with the “work”, or not.
Consider the Clinical Assessment as a discernment window, as well. Here, the goal is decision-making, not change-making. We’ll use this time to discuss what I believe your immediate options are:
- Status Quo: Continue as is with an option to reassess as time goes on. No ongoing therapy, but you’ll have access to the Gottman Module library discussed below.
- Restructure Separately: Recognize if individual paths serve growth better, and lay the groundwork for divorce now. No ongoing therapy, unless you want co-parenting support (if applicable). NOTE: Structured Separation may be an option discussed in your treatment plan, but that would include “work”, and be considered part of the ongoing process described next (“Commit, the Choose”).
- Commit, then Choose: Dedicate six months (ideally) to therapy, which I’ll discuss in detail prior to your commitment, culminating in a clear decision—either evolve together (with additional therapy or not), or chart individual journeys.
- A research-driven online clinical assessment (completed individually) that dives deep into your relationship nuances with 337 targeted questions linked to evidence-based topics.
- Unlimited access to the complete Gottman Relationship Module library, bolstered with 35 exercises and 90 exclusive videos, which amplifies your work together.
- When you enter into therapy with me, I commit to you. I ask that you be equally invested.
- Your session time is exclusively yours. By selectively working with a limited number of clients, I ensure optimum service for you.
- Living the principles I promote is paramount. Beyond our sessions, I invest time in research, professional development, and preparation to enhance our collaborative work together.
Let’s Get To Work
Important Note: I am currently paneled with Cigna and Aetna.
If I am not in your insurance network…
My focus is you – not the restrictions of insurance companies. I’m driven by the belief that every person deserves a therapeutic journey tailored to their unique needs, rather than a one-size-fits-all model set by insurance guidelines. To that end, I’ve partnered with Mentaya to assist you with out-of-network claims, and will cover your 5% claim fee.
… you may have options.
You May Qualify For Reimbursement
- Proof of Service: Mentaya may help you retrieve some session costs, and once set-up, is designed to speed up the reimbursement process. However, please be aware that reimbursement is never guaranteed. Factors like not having a recognized diagnosis, being out-of-network, or using telehealth can influence your insurer’s decision. Always approach therapy with the mindset that any reimbursement is a welcome addition, rather than a crucial financial expectation.
- Verify Your Out-of-Network Benefits: Mentaya can make that happen instantly here.
- Telehealth (if applicable): If you’re considering seeking reimbursement from your insurance, please let them know that our sessions will be conducted via Telehealth (if applicable).
- Insurance Decisions: When you provide details to your insurer, it’s their discretion, not yours, that determines the number of sessions and their durations.
- Confidentiality: Understand that the personal information you share with your insurance may be logged in the Medical Information Bureau, accessible to other entities like life insurance firms in the future.
I work with Mentaya, a platform that helps clients get money back on out-of-network therapy sessions. To see if you qualify for reimbursement, you can use this link.
If you qualify, Mentaya will file claims and handle the insurance paperwork to make sure you get reimbursed. I’ll cover the 5% fee per claim, which may help you get thousands of dollars back per year. You can sign up using this link here.
Note: Mentaya’s goal is to save you time and money. It’s completely optional, and as your therapist I do not benefit in any way from your participation.
Your Right to a "Good Faith Estimate": A Quick Guide
As mandated by Section 2799B-6 of the Public Health Service Act:
- What’s a Good Faith Estimate? It’s a detailed breakdown of expected charges for your medical care, including related costs such as tests, drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Who is eligible? Those without insurance, not using insurance, or not filing a claim with their plan.
- When should you receive it? Providers must offer a written Good Faith Estimate at least one business day before your scheduled service. However, you can (and should) request one before booking any medical service.
- Bill discrepancies? If your final bill exceeds the Good Faith Estimate by $400 or more, you have grounds to challenge it.
- Document everything: Always keep a snapshot or physical copy of your Good Faith Estimate for future reference.
For a deeper dive into your rights regarding the Good Faith Estimate, head to www.cms.gov/nosurprises.